14 Things You Experience In The Run Up To Your First Graduate Christmas
Much like every other element of life after graduation, your first Christmas as a graduate can be a bit of a roller coaster.
1. The really unnatural feeling of finally being an official “adult” at Christmas.
2. And the worry that people will now be expecting really great presents this year.
3. You really miss having a whole month off.
4. Especially if you have a job now.
5. And even more so if you don’t.
Because you feel under pressure to be constantly on the look-out for one.
6. You really just want to be doing this, job or no job:
7. You look forward to seeing all of your friends and family at parties.
8. But also dread them asking you about anything to do with ~the future~.
9. Because you know that no one’s going to believe you’re still “celebrating being a graduate” any longer.
10. You try to convince yourself that you’re ready for your first full year as a responsible adult.
11. But fail because you’re actually feeling like this:
12. You don’t know whether you’re feeling especially nostalgic right now because you love this time of the year.
13. Or because thinking about anything else makes you feel like this:
14. But the worst part is realising that you’ve replaced the pressure of completing essays over Christmas with the pressure of trying to get your shit together in the new year.
Merry Christmas! 🎄🙈