17 Lifetime Struggles You’ll Only Know If Your Birthday Is Near Christmas
When your birthday is just before or just after Christmas, there are some things only you will understand.
1. You’ve had to get used to receiving Christmas presents that double up as birthday presents.
2. You’ve also come to accept that many of your birthday presents will be wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper.
3. And that your birthday cards always have to go up with the Christmas cards.
Meaning you never really get to appreciate them properly.
4. There are so many other things going on for Christmas and New Year that your birthday doesn’t really feel like a ~special occasion~.
5. If it’s right before Christmas, everyone’s more interested in Christmas.
6. And if it’s right after Christmas, everyone’s a bit sick of partying.
7. To be honest, sometimes you’re not fully in the mood for your birthday either.
8. People are often away.
9. Plus, there’s always someone who wants to do dry January.
And you feel like you can’t exactly tell them they shouldn’t.
10. It usually rains.
11. Or snows.
Which is perfect for going out. Just perfect.