17 Things You’ll Understand If Your Friends Graduated A Year Before You
Whether it’s because you did a gap year or your degree is simply longer than theirs, there are some emotions you will undoubtedly experience when some of your friends graduate before you.
1. You start off feeling really excited to see everyone.
2. And looking forward to making the most of final year with them.
3. Until it suddenly dawns on you that they won’t all be there.
4. And you feel as though you’ve been abandoned.
5. Feeling inexplicably sad that university life will never be the same again.
6. Because it just seems so wrong that you’re now going to finish university without the people you started with.
7. Imploring them to come back and do a postgraduate degree so that everything can go back to normal.
8. Feeling equally scared and impressed at the fact that they are so much closer to getting a job than you are.
9. While also trying not to feel resentful that you are now always going to be one step behind them.
10. Being genuinely disturbed by the fact that you don’t seem to recognise anyone on campus.
11. As well as feeling horrified that you are now older than the majority of other students.
12. Regularly starting to text them about going for drinks after uni because you keep forgetting they’re not there.
13. So instead you just text them lots of crying face emojis to demonstrate how much you miss them.
14. Forgetting that the in-jokes you had with them don’t make sense to your other friends.
15. Trying not to be jealous of their post-uni travelling.
16. Finally managing to make plans to meet up with them and telling anyone who’ll listen.
17. And trying and failing not to be overly excited when you do finally see them.