19 Stages of Writing Your First Ever University Essay
Writing essays at university is never exactly easy. But writing the very first one during first year can seem to be the hardest.
1. You start off feeling like you’ve forgotten what to do.
You don’t know what you’re doing or where to start.
2. Because you’ve just spent the summer writing nothing more than texts and weird snapchats.
3. The university essay-writing procedure is like another language to you.
4. And plagiarism is a real, unwanted responsibility now.
5. You’re very aware that the last essay you wrote was for your A Level and would probably be laughed at now.
6. You’re torn between a desire to prove yourself and a desire to stop caring because it’s only first year.
7. You type the title and then take a break because it got a bit intense.
8. You start highlighting useful parts of lecture notes and books for references until you’ve almost highlighted the whole page.
9. But it doesn’t help and you just end up sitting surrounded by brightly coloured paper with nothing to say.
10. You feel like everything you write is childish.
“In this essay I will be discussing…”