19 Things That Scare Recent Graduates Way More Than Halloween
Halloween is just another day for recent graduates.
1. Every time you realise that you are now an adult.
2. And any situation that highlights the extent to which you don’t know how to be one.
3. Whenever Timehop forces you to reflect on how fast the time is flying.
4. Feeling like you can’t remember anything you learnt at university.
5. The speed at which the Student Loans Company are on your back.
6. And the looming prospect of having to pay back all that money.
7. Seeing how fast some people on your course have found excellent jobs.
8. Wondering how you’re ever supposed to have enough experience for a job if no one ever gives you a job.
9. Finding out people you went to school with are already married with kids.
10. Reading the working hours for a job and suddenly missing 9am lectures.
11. Stumbling on the perfect role and then discovering that the application deadline has long passed.
12. Realising there’s a mistake on your CV after you’ve already sent it off.
13. Talking to your parents about where they were in life at your age.
14. Wondering if you ever will actually meet up with your uni friends again.
15. Any time someone tells you university was the best years of your life.
16. And then feeling as though you didn’t make the most of it.
17. The thought of how expensive house prices will be by the time you’ll be ready to buy one.
Which, at this rate, might be never.