19 Unforgivable Things That Have Happened To You Since Starting Uni
For every great experience you’ve had at university, there are some unforgivable things that have happened to you, too.
1. Received a mark for an assignment that was 1% off a higher grade.
Seriously? Would it have pained you that much to just round it up?
2. Had your milk stolen by flatmates you thought you could trust.
3. Missed a really important part of a lecture because the lecturer changed the slide before you’d finished your notes.
You need to be chill. How fast do you think I can write???
4. Were personally victimised by the cheap shots at the SU.
Your liver may never recover.
5. Went to print something out but couldn’t because there was no paper.
£9k a year but no paper in the printer. That’s cool. 🙂
6. Received an email to say the book you requested was on the shelf but when you went to pick it up it wasn’t there.
Why would you?
7. Arrived to the launderette 5 minutes after your wash finished to find someone had already taken your clothes out of the machine.
That is poor laundry etiquette and you know it.
8. Didn’t write any notes because the lecturer told you everything would be on Blackboard. It wasn’t.
Which is just 👌👌👌
9. Turned the heating on simply to dry your clothes only for someone to immediately turn it off again.
Thank you. I just love wearing damp clothes to uni. 😊
10. Were assigned a presentation on the topic you already knew you weren’t going to write your essay on.
Fab 👍 u 👍 lous 👍
11. Discovered the one volume you needed on JSTOR wasn’t available.
They should tell you that before you start looking for it. That’s 30 minutes you’ll never get back.
12. Did the washing up for everyone only to then find the next person just washed their own things.
13. Wrote a really eloquent email to your tutor about why you wouldn’t be in the seminar and then received “OK” as a reply.
Sorry for thinking you cared.
14. Had to spend the first half hour of every trip to the library looking for a free computer.
It’s like you don’t want me to learn.
15. Were set loads of essays due in the first day of term after the holidays.
Just what I wanted.
16. Lost your deposit because your landlord blamed you for something that was actually a previous tenant’s fault.
And somehow managed to ignore the fact that you put it on the inventory.
17. Received a lower mark in a group project than someone else even though they didn’t do as much work.
The actual worst.
18. Got the email to say your results were available but then couldn’t log in to the system.
Scarred for life.
19. And looked through graduate job descriptions to discover your degree alone does not qualify you for them.
I’m sorry, I need how many years experience???