20 Reactions You’ll Recognise When You Meet Up With Your Home Friends This Summer
You’ve not seen them much while you’ve been away at uni, but that’s all about to change.
1. When you’re finally home from uni and your plans to meet up can go ahead at last.
2. And you can’t even deal with all the feels of finally seeing them again.
3. When you spend a good few minutes just being slightly creepy with them.
4. Because even though it’s not been that long, it feels like years.
5. When you can’t wait to catch up with all the ~dramas~.
6. Until you realise just how much there is to catch up on.
7. And you’re very out of the loop so you don’t really know what to say to anything.
8. When you want to make the most of seeing them but you have no money left to do anything or go anywhere.
9. When they keep talking about things they did without you while you were away at uni.
10. Or laughing about things that were clearly only funny if you were there.
Which you weren’t.
11. When you realise that you can’t stop referring every conversation back to things you did with your uni friends.
12. And you know everyone’s pretending they’re fine with it.
But they’re not.
13. When you make a joke no one gets but you know your uni friends would’ve laughed at it.
14. Or you realise how much more grown up everyone has become since you last saw them.
15. And you start worrying that everything has changed too much.
16. When you’re introduced to their new friends and realise you need to mark your territory.
17. Or your uni friends come to visit and you can’t decide if allowing them to meet your home friends was a good idea or not.
18. When you’re just starting to get used to seeing them all the time and realise you’ll have to leave them again soon.
19. But you don’t want them to know how upset you are about that so you pretend like you don’t care any more.
20. When, in reality, absence really did make the heart grow fonder.
And you would take them to uni with you if you could. 😭