20 Reasons Why You’ll Never Be Emotionally Ready To Leave Your Uni Friends
If you thought actually making it to graduation would be the most difficult part of your degree, you would be wrong. Leaving your uni friends behind is so much worse.
1. Even though you only met them at uni, you feel as though you’ve been friends forever.
2. You’ve spent some of the best times of your life together.
3. As well as some of the worst.
4. And now you’re not sure how you’re ever going to cope without them.
5. As much as you love your home friends, they don’t know you like your uni friends know you.
6. They understand how things are.
7. And throughout your time at uni they’ve known exactly when to cheer you up.
8. Or when to tell you to just get your shit together.
9. You can’t deal with the thought of never again being able to see them whenever you want.
10. Or the fact that you might well all go off to lead completely separate lives.
11. Because you know that no matter what promises you make, meeting up will never be easy again.
12. And you worry that if you do ever see them, everything will have changed.
13. Or you’ll just make it a billion times harder to let them go again.
14. It doesn’t seem fair that after facing university together, you now have to face graduate life apart.
15. And essentially compete against each other from now on.
16. Celebrating making it to the end of final year only further reminds you of how little time you have left with them.
17. No more spontaneous night out.
18. Or “actually, let’s just stay in and get pizza” nights.
19. Even if you’re ready for graduate life, you’ll never be ready to leave them.
20. Because, in a very real way, they kind of mean more to you than your degree.