20 Signs You’re Definitely No Longer a Student
Whether you notice them a few months or a few years after graduating, there are some signs that you just know mean you are definitely no longer a student.
1. Getting up for 9am almost feels like a lie-in for you now.
2. And you can no longer get through an entire TV series in one go.
3. You can’t remember when you last had a Pot Noodle.
4. And you can no longer eat pizza for every meal of the day without feeling a small amount of guilt.
5. Your idea of a great night out involves fewer shots and much more wine. And cheese, preferably.
6. And you no longer need to rely solely on photographic evidence to remember what happened.
7. You’ve developed a new passion for furniture. And scented candles.
8. And you frequently find yourself talking about taxes in general conversation.
9. You now nip to the shop for things like houmous and avocado rather than value vodka and lemonade.
10. You’re starting to notice how young everyone looks when you go out.
11. And you’ve actually refused a night out because you have an early start the next day.
12. Or you’ve gone out for “one drink” and actually only had one drink.
13. You live for vouchers and special offers now that you no longer get discount on everything.
14. But you do at least put the heating on when you’re cold now.
15. You no longer gauge how successful your day has been depending on whether you changed out of your pyjamas or not.
16. And you actually go to the gym to get fit, not just as a way of avoiding doing work.
17. You now use LinkedIn more than Facebook.
18. And you have a uni WhatsApp group full of ‘I miss you’s and ‘let’s actually meet up soon’s.
19. When you do meet up, you no longer consider getting the Megabus worth the money you save.
20. And, perhaps most tellingly, you much prefer sleeping in a bed rather than crashing on someone’s sofa or floor these days.
You had to grow up at some point, right? 🙈