20 Things That Actually Happen When You Go To The Library To Study
The common assumption is that if you’re in the library you must be studying. But we all know that’s not necessarily what happens.
1. Looking for books that are apparently available and on the shelf but you can’t find any of them.
2. Spending a short lifetime looking for a free table.
3. Thinking you’ve found a free computer but it’s actually just a library catalogue computer.
4. Finding a quiet spot you’re happy with only for someone to come and sit right next to you.
5. Immediately being distracted by other people’s music.
6. And by that person who brought their lunch with them and hasn’t mastered the art of sneaky library snacking.
7. Not being able to concentrate because the temperature is always one extreme or the other.
8. Needing the toilet but not wanting to either leave your stuff at the desk or take everything with you and lose your spot.
9. Trying to talk your friend out of sitting with you without hurting their feelings.
You just know neither of you will get any work done.