22 Lessons You Could Only Ever Learn at The University of Birmingham
You learn a lot while you’re at university, but there are some things you could only ever learn at Bham.
1. To avoid cutting across the path beside the sports pitches when the sprinklers are on.
2. And never linger in the revolving doors of the Arts Building.
3. How to look like you’re in a serious conversation even when you’re not so that you don’t have to talk to the VodBull on Edgbaston Park Road.
4. And how much time you have to cross the road outside South Gate after the red man comes on but before the traffic lights change to green.
5. You can’t eat a university challenge by yourself.
But you should definitely try.
6. Stupid Tuesdays are as stupid as they sound if you have a 9am the next morning.
Not that you’ll let this stop you from going. 🙈
7. But you know that you can never go wrong with Fab on a Saturday.
8. Unless you leave it too late to get tickets…
9. Going to Spa at lunchtime is a terrible idea.
10. And if the queue for Starbucks in Muirhead is beyond the stairs, you should probably accept that you’re going to be late for your lecture.
11. That hating Mason Hall is customary.
Even if you actually would like to live there and sometimes even if you actually do live there.
12. But knowing that the true enemy is BCU.
13. It’s best not to look directly at Selly Oak on bin day.
14. And there’s nothing that a fry up from Selly Sausage can’t cure.
15. The Bullring at the weekend is an absolute no go.
16. And the chances are, a train will finally arrive at University station just as you’ve put your card in the ticket machine.
17. You’ve learnt the true value of patience.
Whether it’s from waiting for all the renovations to be finished or just from lurking in the library until you finally find a free computer that’s not just for referencing.