22 Signs You’re Always The Skint One of Your Uni Friendship Group
Being skint at any time is never great. Sometimes, being at university can make you feel even more skint than ever.
1. You buy value versions of everything.
2. And never, ever throw food away unless it’s unquestionably bad.
3. You only ever make meals that can also be used for lunch the next day.
4. And you only ever get take-out when it’s on offer.
Two-for-Tuesdays is where it’s at.
5. You are a master of making a drink last.
6. And you love a bargain.
7. You travel on public transport when other people just get taxis everywhere.
8. And you never keep your library books past their due date.
You can spend those library fines on better things.
9. You don’t buy a new outfit for every single night out.
10. Or go home every weekend.
Because how can you afford to travel home every single weekend?!
11. You only buy the books you’re absolutely sure you’re going to need from the reading list.
12. You actually do try to make your student loan last.
13. And you don’t buy a Starbucks before every single lecture.
14. You don’t need to worry about campus car parking problems because you can’t afford to own a car.
15. You actually do really need your deposit back.
16. And you’re genuinely scared at the prospect of one day having to surrender your student discount.
17. You only have a dodgy version of Windows.
But if anyone asks, it’s totally legit…