22 Stages of Writing Your Last Ever University Essay
Writing essays at university can feel like a never-ending process, which might be why writing the last one ever seems like the hardest.
1. You start off feeling really relieved.
This is the last time you’ll ever have to do this.
2. But also strangely apprehensive.
Because it’s the last time you’ll ever have to do this. Ever.
3. You struggle to resist the urge to start celebrating already.
4. And wonder why, after all this time, you still have zero motivation for essays.
5. Actually forcing yourself to start writing seems to require even more effort than usual.
6. Because you’re just not sure you can face yet another essay.
Not even when you know it’s the last one.
7. And you’re horribly aware of the fact that this is your last chance to produce something revolutionary.
8. Not to mention that this final essay might be the difference between you and a decent degree.
9. But you also just want to get it over with as soon as possible.
10. You question why you don’t really feel any more capable of writing than you did before your first ever uni essay.
11. While also asking yourself if it’s really worth putting effort in at this late stage.
12. You feel as though no matter how many words you write, the word count isn’t changing.
13. And you start to worry that it might never end and you’ll never be able to leave uni.
14. The closer you get to the conclusion, the less you want to write.
15. Because you’re increasingly aware of how close you are to freedom.
Freedom from essays, at least.
16. And you can’t stop yourself from planning everything you want to do once you’re finished.
17. When you do finally get to the end it almost doesn’t feel real.
Because you never actually expected to get to this moment.
18. And you don’t know whether to immediately start celebrating.
19. Or panic that you’ve just reached a milestone moment in your life and you don’t know how to deal with it.
20. You submit it with a weird sense of finality.
21. And still don’t really know what to do with yourself.
You’ve forgotten what it’s like not to worry about word counts, referencing and plagiarism.
22. Before realising that you now have to start the anxious wait for your final results.
Because it really is the end.