22 Things All A-Level Students Who Applied To Uni Are Freaking Out About Right Now
There’s no chill left. 😱😭
1. The fact that three letters are all that’s standing between you and university.
2. And that your entire future is going to change in the time it takes to open an envelope.
3. The thought of potentially having to accept you didn’t do well enough to get into your first choice uni.
4. Or what’s going to happen if you’ve failed so badly you won’t even get into your second choice.
5. And whether it would actually be better if you just never found out.
6. How you’re supposed to look your parents in the eye if you’ve messed up.
7. And whether you could get away with telling them that E actually means “excellent”.
8. The worry that you might have to go through clearing.
And that you still don’t really understand how it works. Basically begging on the phone to UCAS???
9. And what if there are no places left at any universities?
Not even at the ones no one really wants to go to.
10. The fear that you’ll be cleared into a university you’ll absolutely hate.
11. Or that your offer has already been changed whenever you receive an email from UCAS.
“What if the uni already know? What if they’ve already decided they don’t want me?”
12. The thought of being the only one of your friends who doesn’t pass.
13. Or, if you do pass, how you’re supposed to react if they don’t.
“Am I…allowed to celebrate…or….what? How does this work?”
14. No matter what happens, the thought of results day in general is just too much.
15. The realisation that if you have passed, you’ll be going to university in less than a month.
16. And the panic that you’re definitely not ready for that yet.
17. Really wanting to plan ahead for student life but worrying that you’re jinxing your chances of getting good grades.
18. And trying to be excited but also remembering everything you’ll be leaving behind.
19. The thought of having to make an entirely new set of friends soon.
20. And potentially never seeing your current friends ever again.
21. The fear that university won’t be everything you want it to be.
“What if I hate my flatmates? What I’ve picked the wrong course? What if I literally just can’t do it and have to leave?”