23 Times Skins Accurately Summed Up Your First Year of University
In celebration of Skins’ 10th birthday (yeah, we feel old too), here are just a few of the times when the show managed to perfectly sum up your first year of university.
1. You at the start of Freshers’ Week…
2. And how you felt once it was over.
3. When you realised that maybe you weren’t actually cut out for having adult responsibilities.
4. Or when drama had just gone down in the uni group chat for the first time but pre-drinks were about to start.
5. When you discovered that seminar participation was obligatory.
6. Or when you got your first real taste of 9am lectures.
7. When you realised you’d automatically learned to hate everyone from a rival university.
8. But that every other year group in your uni hated you for being a first year.
9. Actually you every time it came to writing an essay.
10. Or when someone asked you how uni was going so far.
11. When there were no copies of the books you needed left in the library so you just had to make everything up and hope for the best.
12. Or when one of your mates got a better mark than you even though they didn’t try anywhere near as hard.
13. The first time you had to do a group presentation and no clue what you were doing.
14. Or the first time you were left in the flat alone and realised you didn’t know how to work anything.
15. When you felt as though everyone in your seminar group knew more than you.
16. But then you remembered first year doesn’t even count.
17. When your family came to visit you and embarrassed you in front of all your uni friends.
18. Or when you finally caught your flatmate in the act of stealing your food.
19. When you realised you didn’t need to rush into getting a second year house after all.
20. You closing your exam papers, not really knowing what you’d just written.
21. And you shortly after, hating that none of the stress you just suffered would be worth anything once you were in second year.
22. When you got your results back for your first year.
23. And finally, how you felt about facing the next two years of university.
If you didn’t know already, you can watch the complete Skins box set here.