24 First World Problems All University of Birmingham Students Have To Endure
Sometimes being a student at one of the best universities in the country is just so hard.
1. There’s just too much choice when it comes to accommodation.
2. Having to eat dessert for your main meal at Joe’s Bar because it’s impossible to eat a University Challenge after anything else.
3. Never being able to decide which of the two small Tescos to go to in Selly Oak.
4. And having to trek all the way up the hill if you want to go to the big Sainsbury’s.
5. The new and improved New Street station is really confusing.
6. And you’re never sure whether it’s better to get the train to University or Selly Oak.
7. You can only smell the chocolate from Cadbury World if the wind is blowing in the right direction from Bournville.
8. Having to queue to get into the library because of the temperamental card readers on the barriers.
9. And then being accosted by the library robot.
10. Having so many options for where to get coffee on campus you can’t decide where to go.
11. Getting to the crossing at South Gate just as the red man comes on and having to stand there for ages.
12. Not being able to cut across campus whenever there’s an event on.
13. Rushing to OMCO and Drinks2Go but you still don’t have a Fab ticket.
14. Getting to the end of the year and realising you didn’t make the most of your free entry into Winterbourne.
15. Having the majority of your exams in the freezing Sports Hall when you just wanted to be in the Great Hall.
16. Going to Spa for a meal deal lunch but only the boring sandwiches are left.
17. Accidentally walking under Old Joe when it chimes and believing your degree is doomed.
18. Trying to be healthy but always ending up in Rooster’s.
19. Forgetting your library card and not being able to take any books out with the temporary card, so you actually have to read them there and then.
20. Actually making the effort to go to the Barber Institute but there’s a private tour on so you can’t go in.
21. Calling the lift in Muirhead but forgetting which lift number it said on the screen by the time you get to the doors.
22. Going to the student sessions in the Bullring and spending the majority of the time queuing for the escalators.
23. Getting money out on campus but the machine doesn’t give you everything in £5 notes like usual.
24. And wanting to be sentimental and buy a uni jumper but not knowing which colour to choose.
It’s a hard life. 😭