24 Signs You Just Can’t Handle Any More Uni Essays
If you’re a student at uni and you have essays to write at the moment, you’ll probably already recognise these signs.
1. You have to bribe yourself to get started.
2. But you don’t get very far before you end up like this:
3. You spend ages trying and failing to write a plan.
4. Which is a waste of time anyway because even if you have one it’s not like you stick to it.
5. The beginning of every new sentence feels like the beginning of the essay all over again.
6. And you often just find yourself staring at it rather than writing.
7. You reward yourself with a break every time you complete a sentence or two.
8. And the breaks go on for longer every time.
9. Whenever you read through what you have so far you feel like it doesn’t make any sense.
10. Or that you just can’t say what it is you want to say.
11. Because you’re not really sure what it is you want to say any more.
12. You occasionally feel like you’re making a great point until you read it back.
13. And end up just wanting to write exactly what’s in your head.
You get marks for honesty, right?
14. You start to
hope question whether everyone else is struggling this much.
15. And whether this means you shouldn’t really be at university.
16. You try convincing yourself that it’s just because you’re having a bad day.
17. But you’re sounding a little more hysterical every time you promise that it’ll be better tomorrow.
18. It doesn’t help that it seems like all the books you need from the library have been taken.
19. Or they’ve just disappeared into thin air.
20. You almost feel like you don’t even care any more.
21. And start to plan excuses rather than actually try to make it better.
22. You genuinely can’t decide whether to write an apology note at the end of the essay.
23. Or an accusation.
“Look, if you didn’t want me to write a shit essay you really shouldn’t have set one.”
24. And to top it all off, you have more to write after this one.