27 Excuses You Really Should Stop Using To Get Out of Doing Uni Work
All university students have loads of work to do, and all of them have made excuses like these to get out of doing it.
1. I just need to tidy my room first.
2. And I’ll just do that washing up I’ve been ignoring for a while now – it’s time.
3. I can’t possibly work until I’ve organised all of my lecture notes.
4. Maybe I’ll just get a snack.
5. I think I should finally update my laptop before I start – I don’t want it to crash and lose all my work, do I?
6. I’ll check my emails too, just in case there’s anything important.
7. And I’ll have a ~quick~ glance at Facebook too.
8. I better reply to those messages now I’ve read them before I forget.
9. I need some music on – I’ll have to find a good playlist before I do anything else.
10. This is such a good song though, it would be rude not to give it my full attention.
11. I just need to rearrange some furniture.
12. And call my mum – I haven’t spoken to her for a while.
13. I’ll wait until the clock is on the hour, then it will be easier to keep track of time.
14. I’ve written the title, it must be time for a brew.
15. I should ask everyone else if they want one too.
16. I wish we had some biscuits. I’ll nip and get some.
17. I’ll just put the TV on for a 10 minute break.
18. I might as well watch ’til the end of the episode now.
19. I need to know what happens in the next one too, otherwise I won’t be able to concentrate.
20. This chair isn’t comfy enough, I’ll have to work in bed.
21. But now I’m too comfy, I’ll have to move again.
22. Maybe I should just go to the library.
23. I can’t concentrate – I need to go outside to clear my head.
24. It’s been a while since I last ate, I better eat something else. I can’t work on an empty stomach.
25. I’ve written a few sentences, that’s enough for today. I don’t want to overdo it.
26. I’ll just do more tomorrow. I’ll definitely be in a better frame of mind.
27. Actually, I’ll just text my friend to see if they’ve started it yet. If they haven’t, I’ll leave it for a bit longer.