29 Questions All First Years Ask Themselves When Looking For A Second Year House
Looking for a student house as a first year is a stressful time. Naturally, this will lead you to ask yourself questions such as these:
1. Am I supposed to just pretend that I know what I’m looking for?
2. What questions do I even need to ask?
3. Am I ready for this kind of responsibility?
4. Can’t I just stay in halls forever?
5. Am I really old enough to be dealing with all this?
6. Can I ask my parents to do this on my behalf?
7. Why do the current tenants never seem to be expecting us?
8. And how can I trust that they’re only moving out because they have to? What if they’re lying?
9. If the rent is so high, why is the house so shit?
10. But really, what’s up with all this weird, mismatched furniture?
11. And who is this landlord kidding? I know what mould looks like and that is definitely mould.
12. Why does it feel like they’re lying when they say it won’t be there next year?
13. How am I supposed to look past the mess when I can barely walk past it?
14. If it’s such a warm house, why is everyone dressed for the Arctic?
15. Will I really have to live like this?!
16. Is my face showing my disgust right now? Maybe I shouldn’t do that in front of the current tenants.
17. How do we decide which house is the best?
18. Or should the question really be how do we decide which house is the least shit?
19. What if we take too long to decide and someone else gets it before us?
20. Was I just really naive to think that it would be hard to choose because I would love them all?!
21. What should we do???!!!
22. We can always just change our minds, right?!
23. Should I just smile and nod when the landlord talks about all these forms that I’ve never heard of?
24. If I ask about them will they think I’m a pushover?
25. Is it supposed to be this difficult?
26. There’s only one bedroom I actually like. How do I convince everyone else not to want it?
27. What if we all fall out before we’ve even moved in?
28. Should I just move back home?
29. How am I going to survive as an adult if I can’t even do this?!