36 New Year’s Resolutions Every Student Will Fail To Keep In 2016
With 2016 almost upon us, it’s easy to start making well-intentioned resolutions for a fresh start next semester. However, here are just a handful of those resolutions that, let’s be honest, you probably won’t manage to keep for long, if at all.
1. I’m not going to leave all my uni work to the last second this year.
2. I actually am going to chip away at it in my own time.
3. I’ll make sure I won’t need to pull any more desperate all-nighters.
4. I’m going to go to the library more often.
5. And I’ll actually do some work while I’m in there.
6. I won’t just sit scrolling through Facebook.
7. And if people are being annoying in there, I’ll just ignore them.
8. I won’t give up, leave and put it all off until another day.
9. I’m going to start properly reading the books on my reading list.
10. I won’t just skim read and use Wikipedia for the finer details.
11. I’m going to use my free time more wisely.
12. I won’t just sit watching Come Dine With Me. Really, I won’t.
13. I’ll actually go to the gym.
14. I’ll go regularly, in fact.
15. I’m going to make it to all of my 9am lectures.
16. And I’ll stop going out during the week when I know I need to get up early.
17. Or, if I do, I just won’t drink. Much.
18. I’m not going to be hungover in lectures anymore.
19. I’m going to stop spending so much money on Starbucks.
20. Actually, I’ll buy a flask and make my own drinks.
21. And I won’t get as many takeaways from now on.
22. I’ll do some work in the free time between lectures.
23. I won’t just sit talking like I used to.
24. I’m going to get a head start on my essays.
25. And I’ll also find my own references from now on.
26. I won’t just keep using the sentences that someone else has already highlighted.
27. Or using quotations from Google Books that are completely out of context.
28. I’ll set myself a revision timetable.
29. And I’ll stick to it.
30. I won’t start watching a new TV series just before exam period.
31. And I’ll stop binge watching programmes until the early hours of the morning.
32. In fact, I’ll just get rid of Netflix.
33. I’m going to start getting up earlier even on days when I don’t have lectures.
34. I’ll actually make the most of being at uni from now on.
35. And I’m going to close the distance between me and that first.
36. Ultimately, I will get my shit together this year. Probably.
At least you tried. 🙈