Every Student You’ll Encounter During Freshers’ Week
You meet a lot of people during Freshers’ Week.
1. The one who you meet on the very first night, add on Facebook but then never see again.
You don’t delete them though because you’re kind of intrigued by this insight you have into a complete stranger’s university life.
2. And the one who appears in all of your photos but no one remembers who they are.
Where did they come from? Where are they now? You looked like you got on so well…
3. Someone from your halls who you don’t know but vaguely recognise because you stalked them on Facebook before arriving at uni.
Everyone does it. Just be careful not to ask them about how they’re coping without seeing Tibbles the cat on a daily basis. 🙈
4. And that person you feel like you know better than yourself because they post in the halls group all the damn time.
You know the one, as soon as a question – any question – occurs to them, they post it in the group rather than just looking for the answer somewhere else.
5. The one who lives in the flat opposite and you awkwardly “hi” to every time you see them.
They’ll forever be your mysterious neighbour but maybe it’s better that way.
6. And the neighbour who might as well just move into your flat because they arrived at pre-drinks and don’t seem to have left since.
7. The one who already has a job as a club promoter and won’t stop spamming everyone with invites and leaflets.
You know they’re only doing their job, but still…
8. The BNOC in the making.
The Big Name On Campus: They’re constantly trying to get everyone involved in various events from pre-drinks, to flat parties, to “does anyone want a kick-about outside for a bit?”
9. And the one who thinks they’re already a BNOC but they’re really, really not.
They’re doing the same thing but with less success and probably annoying their new flatmates along the way.
10. Someone from your course who you’ll have one awkward conversation with at a welcome event and never speak to again.
You shared a few forced words over a bourbon biscuit and vowed to never make the same mistake again.
11. And someone else who you just instinctively know will soon become your lecture BFF.
When you know you know, and this one’s not getting away.
12. The one who you connected with on an emotional level while drunk and became one of your first and best uni friends.
It was love at first shot. ❤️
13. And the one who you instantly bonded with on a night out purely because your t-shirt said you were in the same halls.
You have nothing whatsoever in common, but in this moment you are friends for life.
14. The one on your course who you weren’t sure about at first but befriend after sharing a look of mild panic in your first welcome lecture.
Neither of you know what’s going on, therefore you must now band together.
15. The group of second years having more fun this time round than they did at their own Freshers’ Week.
Why not, right?
16. And the bitter final year who’s only there to judge everyone else.
You’re feeling sorry for them now, but this will be you one day. 😅