11 Struggles You’ll Only Know If You Look A Lot Younger Than You Are
Looking younger than you actually are shouldn’t be a struggle. And yet it is.
1. No one ever believes you when you tell your age.
2. Often to the point where they basically imply you are wrong. Or lying.
3. You are frequently asked if you skipped a year or two of education.
4. But you’re then also informed that you seem mature for your age.
Soooo I look too young but also seem too mature. Good. Great.
5. Constantly being asked for your ID everywhere you go.
Because apparently everyone thinks you’re still a child.
6. Or having people assume that your ID is fake. Realistic, but fake.
Yeah, you’re right. This isn’t me. This is me in the future.
7. Except when you might actually benefit from people not believing you, of course.
8. Forever being subjected to jokes about how young you look.
Made worse if you’re shorter than average, too.
9. And reassurances that you’ll appreciate it all when you’re older.
10. Sometimes, you just feel like taking your birth certificate out with you.
11. And sometimes you don’t know whether to laugh or cry when someone uses the word babyface to describe you.
Why does it even matter how young you look?!