18 Times Having To Do Group Work Was The Worst Thing About University
Differences aside, there’s one thing everyone can agree on: group projects are always awful.
1. When you got assigned a group project and realised you weren’t friends with anyone in that class.
2. And you quickly remembered why:
3. When trying to find a time everyone was free was harder than the work itself.
4. And when you had to deal with that one person who constantly questioned why you needed to meet at all.
5. Or worse, getting up early to finally meet and being cancelled on last minute.
6. When you realised you were stuck with the students that never showed up to class and seemed to have no interest in contributing.
7. And that clueless member who, even by the deadline, didn’t really know what the project was about.
How convenient for you.
8. When trying to keep up with the group chat was a nightmare.
9. And it seemed like no one would ever agree on what your argument or focus should be for the project to begin with.
10. When you wanted to do well but it was too awkward to correct the people you were working with much.
11. And when no one wanted to present the work and do all the speaking and someone suggested you do it.
12. When the people who put in the least amount of work suddenly had a lot of complaints and opinions at the last minute.
13. When everyone shared a grade and you had to see other people take credit for work they didn’t do.
14. And when they went ahead and answered questions after the presentation when they had no idea what they were doing.
If only they were that chatty when you were trying to do the project in the first place.
15. When you couldn’t be honest in your peer evaluation because you didn’t want to risk people retaliating and making you look bad.