13 People From Halls You Should Avoid Living With In 2nd Year
House hunting season is nearly here, which means you finally have the chance to choose who you live with. Make your decision wisely, because you don’t want to end up with any of these…
1. The student who brought nothing with them to university but an oversized sound system and an ambition to become the UK’s next big DJ.
They’re a treat now, but in second and third year – when you actually have work do to – you’ll be wishing they were gone.
2. That one flatmate who still hasn’t cleaned their room for the first time.
The smell is encroaching on the communal area. Imagine that in a student house with even poorer insulation – no thanks.
3. That one who attends every single lecture and makes you feel academically inferior.
Second year will do that enough, you don’t need anyone else adding to it.
4. And says, “I so failed that essay” yet ends up getting a first.
5. The heavy-footed student who doesn’t appreciate how loud they’re being.
It’s bad enough with them on the same floor as you. Imagine their room being above yours.
6. The gym keeno who makes you feel bad for not exercising.
If you’re not going now, you definitely won’t when your uni work piles up in second year. Cut them out while you can.
7. The person whose flat number has become notorious on campus as a one-night-stand hotspot.
8. That flatmate who always says no to the pub.
You don’t need that negativity in your life any longer.
9. The one who always takes pranks too far.
10. The person who just won’t stop stealing everyone else’s food.
Hard to imagine, but in second year you’ll be even poorer, making food all the more sacred.
11. The bad influence who has made everyone else max out their overdrafts.
Pizza? Pub? They’re always asking.
12. Anyone who owns a hot water bottle.
If they’re cold in halls they don’t stand a chance in a student house. They’ll send your heating bills through the roof.
13. And the one who won’t shut up about how much they miss home.
Clearly a flight risk. There’s nothing worse than someone dropping out of your house and leaving you with a random weirdo.