13 Times Being a Graduate Made You Inexplicably Angry
Graduate life = 😡😠😡😠
1. When people said things to you like, “don’t expect to walk into a great job just because you’ve been to university.”
When they were also the same people who said, “you’ll never get a good job unless you go to university!” just a few years before.
2. When you told your friends about a cool job you were applying for and they went and applied for it too.
3. When you moved back home with your parents and felt like you’d gone back in time.
4. When you realised that most of the good jobs were in London.
5. And that London is so unaffordable you couldn’t even think about moving there.
6. When friends of yours landed great jobs and you had to celebrate with them when inside you were raging about still being unemployed.
7. Every time you bought something and experienced the cost of living without student discount.
8. When you were rejected for a graduate role because you didn’t have enough experience.
9. And realised that, generally, experience matters more than education.
10. But when you tried to get your old college job back you couldn’t because you were now “over-qualified”.