15 Monday Morning Rituals You Better Get Used To
You’re in the working world now. That means your Monday mornings are about to become a periodic reminder of how awful everything is.
1. The inevitable delay on your already miserable commute to work.
2. Seeing the same strangers you pass every day and acknowledging each other’s misery.
3. Trying to load The Guardian on your phone when all of a sudden GPRS.
4. Seeing the same “Fuck Monday!” statuses on Facebook every single week.
Ironically making Mondays even worse than they naturally are.
5. And then come the tweets of kittens, puppies and babies that are supposed to make you feel better about life.
It worked the first time, but you soon become immune to the healing powers of cute.
6. Getting in to work and there being no milk/coffee/tea/all of the above.
7. Being asked, “how was your weekend?” by every individual in the office.
8. And never having anything interesting to say for yourself.
9. Which then makes you feel like you wasted your weekend, greatly intensifying your Monday blues.
10. Catching up on your emails like.
11. Being reminded that that one thing in the office is still broken.
12. Hating your Friday self for putting that workload off until now.
13. And for leaving your dirty mug as a nice ‘welcome back’ present for you.
14. Being borderline harassed by that one person who is too cheery for life.
Even on a Monday morning they act like it’s Friday evening.
15. And some hilarious individual coming out with, “is it Friday yet!?”
And nobody laughing.
But it could always be a lot worse.