16 Things People Who Don’t Have Exams Will Never Understand
As we all know, exams are the worst. Students with 100% essays just don’t know the struggle.
1. The pain of most people on Yik Yak right now.
2. Sleeping with your notes under your pillow so the information transfers to your brain while you sleep.
3. The struggle of having more than one exam on the same day.
4. Writing “I’m so going to fail this exam tomorrow” on Facebook and Twitter in the hope that others will comment “me too.”
Because it’s okay to fail as long as you’re not the only one.
5. Not being able to find the exam room, panicking and showing up almost late looking like this.
6. Talking to your mates before an exam and instantly regretting it when they start discussing all the topics they revised.
Which you didn’t revise.
7. That immediate sense of doom that overcomes you as soon as you open the paper.
8. When your lecturer says “this won’t be on the exam” so you don’t revise for it but it turns out it is in fact on the exam.
9. The hatred you feel when other people start asking for more paper meanwhile you’re struggling to fill one page.
10. The palpable confusion when someone walks out of an exam after just 15 minutes.
Have they given up? WHAT IF THEY’VE FINISHED ALREADY???
11. How you can start an exam wishing for it to be over, but come to the end of it wishing for a couple more hours.
12. Spending more time in the exam working out what percentage you need to get than actually writing answers.
13. Having to risk your writing being illegible because there are just 5 minutes left and you still have loads to write.
14. This guy’s pain.
15. The crushing devastation you feel when you walk out and hear people discussing their answers and realise you’ve failed.
16. And the rage you have to hold back when you hear people complain about just having essays and assignments.
They don’t know how lucky they are.