17 Guaranteed Ways To Annoy An English Language & Linguistics Student
Eng Lang and Lx students are usually pretty easy going. But there are some things they just can’t tolerate.
1. Ask them how many languages they speak.
2. And then, when they say “no, it’s not like that,” look really disappointed.
3. Say things like: “But can’t you already speak English?”
4. And: “Oh yeah I studied that at A-level, hated it.”
5. Hear them complain about Syntax Trees and Morphology and then say: “I dunno, sounds really simple to me.”
6. Make sure you involve them in every grammar debate you ever have.
They never get tired of it. Ever.