17 Times You Regretted Going To a Small Town University
The open day made it look so big, but it wasn’t until you started that you realised how small your university actually was.
1. When you realised how divided the student/local population was.
2. And how bitter the relations had become.
3. When you wanted more than a small handful of clubs to choose from.
4. Every time you went on a night out and bumped into the same people.
5. And had to listen to the same DJ set.
6. When you wanted a KFC, McDonald’s, Subway, and a Burger King, but your town only had one.
7. And you needed a car to get to it. Or anything else good.
8. Every time you got this response from people when you told them where you study.
9. And then had to fend off their “so the nightlife is a bit shit then?” questions.
Yes, but only I’m allowed to say it.
10. When your mates always made you visit them instead of coming to visit you.
11. When you made a fool of yourself in front of a bouncer but had no choice but to see them again EVERY WEEK for the rest of the year.
12. When you heard about Uber. And how your town will never ever have it.
13. Every time you tried to get back home.
14. When all your mates at other unis were enjoying Carnage.
15. When you really needed more shops to use your student discount in.
16. When you couldn’t go onto campus without seeing a one night stand/someone you hate.
17. And realised how quickly gossip can spread around a small uni.
But at least when it’s all over you get to experience the big cities as a graduate.
By which point everyone who studied there will be bored of it.