18 Fears That Are Far Too Real For Everyone About To Leave University
You’ve been in education your whole life, and now that’s coming to an end. The fear of finally entering “the real world” is real.
1. You’re never going to be as independent and free as you are now.
2. And you’ll have to move back with your parents. Where you’ll remain until you’re like 30 or something.
3. Never being qualified for any good jobs and staying unemployed for years.
4. People asking you whether university was worth it, and not accepting “but I had fun” as a good enough answer.
5. You’ll never see your university friends again.
And if you do it will be called a “reunion” and so much will have changed in their lives you’ll hardly recognise them.
6. And how you’re about to come out of the last real opportunity you have to make lifelong friends.
7. Going the rest of your life without ever having a summer holiday again.
(Unless you become a teacher or a politician 🤔🤔)
8. How you’re expected to survive without a student loan supporting you.
9. Having to wake up at 6am. Every day. For the rest of your life.
10. You’ll never have enough free time to binge-watch an entire TV series again.
11. You’re going to need a “proper” answer to all the questions you’ve been avoiding this whole time.
“What’s your career goal?” “What’re you doing with your life?” “Who are you?”
12. Everyone you know getting a graduate job before you, leaving you to look like the failure.
13. Every employer out there seeing through your CV and laughing you out of interviews.
14. That’s if you even get an interview.
15. Forever being stuck in the ‘experience catch-22’.
16. People asking you about your degree and expecting an intelligent response.
17. That every decision you’ve made so far is the wrong one.
18. And generally having to function like an adult in the real world.
If you get ahead of the job hunt now you’ll have nothing to fear.
Register with GradTouch today and start looking for your dream graduate job. 🎓🙌🎓🙌🎓