18 Things That Happen Every Winter In a Student House
You’ll do anything to stay warm.
1. You don’t have to worry about putting food/beers in the fridge because the house is cold enough.
2. When you cook you sit in front of the oven just to stay warm.
3. And will cook food more often – not because you’re hungry, but because you want that hot oven air.
4. You have to mentally prepare yourself to get in and out of the shower because it’s so cold.
5. There will be illness in the house for 6 weeks straight. At least.
6. And you will quarantine flatmates ruthlessly.
7. It’s impossible to dry your clothes after you’ve washed them.
8. They might even freeze if you just leave them out.
9. And your house will be full of condensation and mould, which freaks everyone out.
10. You keep yourself warm by using your laptop as a heater.
11. Then your laptop crashes mid-essay.
12. You realise you have no idea how a boiler even works.
Yep. Definitely still not an adult.