19 Familiar Stages of Being Hungover In a Uni Lecture
“You went out last night did you??”
1. The night before you had a choice: education or the sesh.
You chose the sesh.
2. You convinced yourself it would be fine. But it isn’t fine.
3. It’s a miracle you even manage to wake up, never mind get out of bed.
4. You check your phone hoping and praying you have an email saying it’s been cancelled.
5. You don’t have time or energy to look like a human. And you don’t even care.
6. You sit as far back as possible to avoid anyone noticing the state you’re in.
7. But it doesn’t work.
8. The mate who convinced you to go out saying, “we’ll be hungover together” doesn’t even show up.
9. Everyone says stupid things to you like, “did you go out last night then?” and “you’re looking fresh LOL”
10. You stare in disgust at all the people who actually do look fresh.
11. You struggle to keep up at the best of times, but this is something else.
12. You should be concentrating on the slides but you keep having flashbacks of your behaviour.
13. Every ten minutes you have to convince yourself you’re not going to be sick.
14. And people start to get really nervous around you.
15. You attempt to make notes but you really shouldn’t have bothered.
You won’t be able to read those back when it comes to revising.