19 Real Life Situations University Graduates Are Never Prepared For
The adult world is a scary place. And university really didn’t prepare you for it.
1. Waking up at 6am.
Because apparently adults hate sleep.
2. Made even more difficult by the fact you still haven’t mastered going to bed before midnight.
3. Having to dress yourself without looking like you’re in a ’90s episode of Friends.
“Is this smart caj?”
4. Being asked questions like, “when are you getting married?”
5. And, “but where is your life going?”
6. Having to make this decision. Every morning.
7. Trying to find time for other things when you have a full time job.
8. Logging into Facebook and seeing another one of your friend’s engagement announcements.
9. Struggling to convert “strong Instagram game” and “good chat” into demonstrable CV skills.
10. Being expected to eat food that isn’t pizza and pasta every day.
11. The reality of how little money you have left after bills, rent and everything else has been taken away.
12. Having to deal with people in a professional capacity after a mid-week drinking sesh.
13. Needing experience in order to get experience.
14. When the alumni team from your university give you a call and expect great things.
15. Hearing ‘older’ adults say things like, “but renting is just throwing your money away.”
16. And “what do you mean you don’t have an ISA?”
17. Seeing people start university who look 12 years old.
18. Dealing with the real cost of things without student discount.
19. And never seeing anyone from uni because you all have jobs and are “too busy”.
Can we just go back to being students?