19 Struggles You’ll Encounter In Your First Working Summer
You thought getting a job was a good thing. Then summer kicked in and you wished you could just take three months off again.
1. Waking up before 7am and wondering how on earth everyone does this every day.
2. Experiencing the morning commute for the first time.
3. And then every time after that, because it never gets any better.
So busy. So sweaty.
4. Hearing your friends discuss their plans to go travelling.
5. Trying to arrange a summer holiday but having to “check with work first”.
And then inevitably not being able to.
6. Thinking about all the free time you used to have and how you’ll never have that again.
7. Becoming so used to waking up early that you can’t lie in on weekends.
Dammit, brain, it’s SATURDAY.
8. When it starts to get unbearably hot but you still have to go to work.
9. And really all you want to do is go to a beer garden and never leave.
10. The moment you realise there are just 9 weekends over July and August.
You went from 62 days off to just 18. What is life.
11. Trying to fit all your summer plans into such a short amount of spare time.
12. Which inevitably means you have to turn down a lot of things.
13. Not being able to reunite with your uni friends “because work”.
Freshers is 100% off the cards.
14. Having to wear smart clothes in a heatwave.
15. And when the weekend comes around it will probably rain. Definite cloud cover.
16. Experiencing the dilemma of finally having enough money to do things, but no time to do them.
You could afford every festival if only you could get the time off.
17. Going for lunch and seeing people drinking in the sun.
18. Crying every time you open TimeHop because two years ago you were in Thailand and now you’re sat behind a desk.
19. Before long you actually become jealous of your unemployed friends.
“You’re so lucky!”