19 Things That Happen On a Christmas Eve Night Out In Your Hometown Wetherspoons
Christmas Eve drinking always seems like a good idea. But then you end up in Wetherspoons were anything can happen.
1. Every year you say, “I’m not going to get drunk this time.”
But despite of what everyone says, you always end up in Spoons – drunk.
2. The cheap drinks being a big pull factor, because you’re always poor this time of year.
3. No one can decide whether they actually enjoy going there or not.
4. It’s literally impossible to get a seat unless you go early on.
5. A booth is what everyone wants. Find one and your Christmas is made.
6. There are Christmas jumpers and novelty headwear everywhere.
7. You see absolutely everyone you ever went to school with.
8. And become a master of both averting your eye just at the right time…
9. And pretending to be interested so you can have them elaborate on all the drama they’ve posted on Facebook this year.
10. There’s always one friend whose parents are there too.
11. When everyone is feeling ~merry~ they remember that there’s no music in Wetherspoons.
12. So they start playing Christmas songs on their phones.
And then singing along. Which either makes or ruins your night, depending on how drunk you are.
13. Every year you wish Christmas Eve fell on a Thursday so you could get a curry.
(In case you haven’t realised yet, it’s on a Thursday this year 🍛🍛😍🍛🍛)
14. You spend all night hoping your table doesn’t end up looking like this.
15. There’s always one who tries the Christmas Ales and instantly regrets it.
16. And more than one who inevitably shouts “SHOTS” at 10pm.
17. These are the same people who say, “it will be fine” and “you’ll sleep better after a few drinks”.
As if you’re still a child who’s still too excited about presents to sleep on Christmas Eve.
18. As midnight rolls around people start suggesting you move on.
aka go hard.