20 Things You Immediately Learn To Hate About Being a Graduate
Get me back to uni. 🙃🙃🙃
1. The knowledge that “summer holidays” are no longer a thing.
2. And once you get a job you’ll have just 20 days off. In a whole year.
3. Which means it’s almost impossible to ever meet up with your uni friends.
4. Seeing other people with LinkedIn accounts.
5. And somehow getting jobs out of it.
6. Having to wake up for 9am every day of the week. Forever.
7. Which would be a lot easier if you were capable of going to bed early.
8. Being asked to justify going to university.
9. And people saying things like, “how’s the job hunt going?”
10. Older people comparing your life to theirs when they were your age.
Oh you had a four bed house, a good job and several kids at 21? kwl 🙃
11. Getting statements from the Student Loans company about how much interest you’re gaining.
12. And wondering how on earth you’re ever going to pay it off.
13. Spending 10 hours on your CV, only to be asked to fill in an online application form.
That’s fine I’ll just waste ~all~ my time 😠
14. Trying to find an original way to describe yourself as “hard working”.
15. Forever being professionally compared to your siblings or the children of your parents’ friends.
16. The frustration that no matter how much experience you have, it’s never enough.
17. Watching shows like Friends and Girls and wondering how long you have to wait before your life in the city takes off.
18. And wondering how on earth they can afford to live where they do.
Meanwhile this is you:
19. Getting emails from recruitment companies about “great opportunities”.
20. And phone calls from your university’s alumni department asking if you’re a successful millionaire who wants to donate money to them yet.
Like, you wanna pay my loans first?
Thanks, life. ☺️