21 Faces You Pull When Showing Freshers Around Your Student House
When you’re in the last year of your tenancy and have to start showing other students around your house, emotions can run high. And your face isn’t very good at hiding how you feel.
1. When your landlord doesn’t tell you they’re coming round and you answer the door like..
2. The ‘you’re not good enough to live here but I’ll let you in anyway’ face.
3. When they naively ask if it’s going to be cleaned before they move in.
4. When they say “the one we saw earlier was better”.
5. When it’s your turn to show them around and you look back at your housemates like..
6. When they walk into your room and say “this is definitely the worst one”.
7. When they insult your furniture and you feel like they’re insulting you by extension.
8. When they all start laughing about how much fun they’re going to have in your house and you try to act pleased for them.
9. When they ask you what the landlord is like and you have to hold back.
10. The ‘no I won’t get dressed, come back when you have a dissertation to write’ face.
11. When they ask how much your bills are.
12. The ‘do I look like a person with answers?’ face.
13. When they interrupt your “studying” and you have to just sit and watch them survey your space.
14. When they say “I’m not sure we can afford this”.
15. When you’ve already had like two viewings that day and then another group show up.
16. When one of them sits down.
17. When they ask if something that’s clearly yours comes with the house and you can’t tell if they’re joking or not.
18. When they complain about how cold it is.
19. When you have shit to do and they’re taking their time.
20. The ‘good luck moving in because I’m not going anywhere’ face.
21. And when the landlord tells you it’s been let and you all sit in the living room thinking about the end.