22 Struggles All Final Year Students Will Face In 2017
And you thought 2016 was bad.
1. Having to actually say “no” to nights out because uni work.
2. And the constant, internal struggle between wanting to make the most of your student life and wanting to study hard to get a good grade.
3. Not being able to go to the library without seeing someone you know. Because everyone is in the same boat of panic.
4. And, thanks to stress, you never look good. Ever.
5. Realising that next summer won’t be another two month holiday for you and that you’ll have to spend it working / looking for a job.
6. And that you’ll work every summer from then on for the rest of time.
7. Getting texts from people like, “how’s your dissertation going?” when it really isn’t going anywhere.
8. Attempting to avoid being seen by your supervisor whenever you’re in a uni building.
9. Wishing you hadn’t procrastinated so much in first and second year.
10. Because all you want to do now is procrastinate some more.
11. Having to put so much more effort into every bit of work you do, because you’re desperate to maintain a decent grade percentage.
12. Wanting to spend your whole time sharing memes about how much uni work you have to do instead of actually doing the work.
13. Feeling like you’ve come this far but still haven’t actually learnt anything.
14. Realising on a regular basis that you are in fact graduating in 2017.
15. And dealing with the responsibility that comes with that.
16. Not being able to have a conversation with anyone without them asking, “so what are your plans for after uni?”
17. The confusion of emotions when you submit your last ever essay and don’t know whether to be happy or sad about it.
18. Your student card expiring. Along with your student discount.
19. And being locked out of every online university portal. Forever.
That’s when you know it’s really over.