22 Things That Just Don’t Make Sense To University Students
You’re really intelligent now. But these things you just can’t get your head around…
1. How you would wake up at 7am every day in school, but now struggle to get up for just one 9am lecture a week.
2. And how you used to spend 6 solid hours a day studying but now think a couple of contact hours (if that) is a bit much.
3. How some people can do seemingly nothing all the time but still get a 1st.
4. How shops and bars on campus can charge so much.
They know who their customers are, right?
5. How thousands of pounds used to seem like a lot but you somehow can’t even live off it.
6. Why halls cleaners say it’s too messy to clean up.
7. How you can easily remember every embarrassing thing you’ve ever done in your life, but go blank as soon as you sit down in an exam.
8. And why some people ask for extra paper.
9. Why landlords are allowed to charge per room, not per house like normal.
10. How two-hour lectures last a lifetime but two hours in front of Netflix goes by in no time.
11. Why some takeaways close before the clubs let out.
12. Why you don’t get a loan instalment over summer.
13. Harvard referencing.
And how you always seem to get something wrong.