22 Times When You Just Really Needed Your Parents
There’s nothing like waving goodbye to your parents and starting your life as an independent student. But it doesn’t take long for you to be wishing they were still around to help out.
1. When you found yourself stood in front of an oven for the first time and just couldn’t.
2. And when you subsequently burnt the last of your food.
3. When you caught freshers’ flu.
4. When you went to the supermarket but could only afford bread, noodles and a bottle of Red Square vodka.
5. Every time you ran out of clean clothes to wear.
6. And clean dishes to eat from.
7. When you were up at 4am struggling to start the essay that was due in a few hours.
8. When you couldn’t be bothered to walk to uni.
i.e. Every single day.
9. Every time you ran out of money with weeks to go before the next loan instalment.
10. When you came home drunk and tried to cook food.
11. When you had to deal with boring stuff like council tax exemption forms.
12. When your housemates were being annoying.
13. And when the warden/security was telling you off*.
14. When looking for a place to live was just too hard.
15. And when your landlord was being unfair.
Still getting your mum to fight your battles. Independence.