24 Job Hunting Struggles You Finally Understand Now You’ve Left University
You might not have even left university yet, but you’re not letting that stop you.
1. Trying to dodge responsibility for as long as you possibly can…
2. But realising that if you don’t start now you probably never will.
3. You quickly realise that looking for a job is as stressful as people say. And then some.
4. Your lack of experience makes you regret every decision you’ve ever made before this point.
5. You wish you’d joined more societies and been more involved at uni.
6. And question whether having a degree is helping at all.
7. You thought “how’s uni?” was bad. Now all you get is “how’s the job hunt going?” and “any luck yet?”
8. You realise how inappropriate your old email address is.
9. And have to choose between your friends pressuring you to have fun and your parents pressuring you to “do something with your life.”
10. Not knowing whether to go for a no-bullshit CV that is only half a page long, or to waffle and exaggerate to bulk it up.
11. And if you don’t even have your results yet so you have to put “expected grade” on it.
12. And you really wish you actually get it so no one accuses you of lying in interviews.
13. You still don’t really know what you want to do so apply for pretty much anything.
14. When you spend ages on your CV but then it makes you fill out an online application form anyway.
15. And then the form times out.
16. Not knowing what a cover letter should say so reading over your university personal statement thinking that will help.
It doesn’t. So. Cringe. 🙈