24 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Were On The Student Newspaper at University
You didn’t really know what you were getting yourself into when you joined your student newspaper. But by the end of it, you never wanted to leave.
1. You had fears that your first taster day would end like this.
2. And you thought you’d probably never get published.
3. Until you realised that editors are often a bit desperate for content.
And weren’t afraid to show it.
4. You very much thought the environment would be like this.
5. But it was actually far from that.
6. InDesign training days were chaos.
7. And there were never enough computers.
8. It was the most hot & cold society you could join. You’d ignore it for weeks, and then when print deadline was near spend 70 sleepless hours of your life there.
9. Newspaper all-nighters > essay all-nighters.
No contest. Especially when someone ordered Domino’s.