31 Reasons Why December Is The Worst Month To Be a Student
Not to ruin Christmas or anything but December is garbage.
1. You thought your student house was cold before but in December is a whole new level.
2. And everyone is arguing about whether you can afford to turn the heating on or not.
3. The walls of your bedroom drip condensation onto your head while you sleep.
4. You have ***so*** much work to do.
5. And because it’s so cold and dark you never want to get out of bed, meaning you probably fall behind.
6. By the time you do make it to uni the sun is probably already going down.
“I need to get home!”
7. And it’s easy to go several days without ever seeing daylight.
8. You’re expected to buy people presents but couldn’t be more poor.
9. Because you haven’t had a loan instalment since SEPTEMBER.
10. And won’t get another one until mid January.
11. So no one can afford to go drinking.
12. Not that you’d want to anyway, because you have to queue forever in the cold wearing nothing because “i don’t need a coat lol”
13. And when you do get in to the club they’re playing Christmas songs.
14. Your parents put their Christmas tree up without you.
15. And you have to do Secret Santa and will probably get that one housemate you don’t actually like.
16. You just want the lecturers to roll out a TV and let you watch Finding Nemo like you did in school, but instead they keep giving you deadlines.
17. And you won’t even be able to chill out over the break because you have to revise for January exams.
18. You can no longer tell if your clothes are still wet or just cold.
19. The library has never been more full of other people.
20. And people are taking all the books you need home with them for Christmas.
21. If it snows you still have to do work.
22. And you’ll probably brave the walk to uni, only for your lecturer to be like: “Car won’t start and I cba, lecture is cancelled x”
23. Someone will ruin your student Christmas dinner because they think they can cook but they can’t.
24. Getting out of the shower is actually hell so you just use all the hot water instead.
25. But then have to dry yourself with a damp (or frozen) towel.
26. You actually volunteer to do the washing up just because you get to put your hands in hot water.
It’s almost like taking a bath. But for your cold, cold fingers.
27. Your hands are actually so cold that you can no longer type.
28. And you have to sit at your desk basically buried in blankets.
29. You try to decorate your student house for Christmas but can’t afford anything taller than a 3ft tree.
30. There is actually nothing longer than the winter term.
31. And when it finally ends you just make a load of resolutions about doing more work next year that you know you won’t keep.
Yeah, December is the worst.