34 Thoughts You Have Trying To Find Somewhere To Live On SpareRoom
If you’re moving to a new city as a graduate you’ll probably end up using Spare Room. Loads of “young professionals” looking to live together? How could this possibly go wrong…
1. Okay here we go, this is exciting. New flat, new friends, it’s gonna be great.
2. Hmm, pay for early bird? Nah.
3. Why are there no normal photos of me?
4. Can’t use that one, don’t want to look like an alcoholic.
5. Also don’t want to look boring…
6. This isn’t the best start. It isn’t all going to be this difficult, is it?
7. Do I want to put my phone number in? What if I’m murdered?
8. Ugh, now I have to write an About Me. Why does every scenario in adult life require you to talk about yourself?
9. “I am clean.” I bet everybody says that even if they’re not. Better put it anyway.
10. “Likes going out and also staying in.” I am nailing this.
11. I’m not sure I’m comfortable using the word buddy.
12. Should I say, “Team up” instead? Sounds a bit cooler.
13. No, stick to the rules. People won’t live with a renegade.
14. RIGHT let’s start searching.
15. Okay… no. Nope. I literally can’t afford anything nice.
16. Absolutely definitely not.
17. “Looking for female flatmates only.” Good luck, creep.
18. So there are no spare rooms on SpareRoom. “Buddy ups” it is.
19. This is just Tinder, isn’t it?
20. They look cool. Message or go straight in for the phone call?
21. Best play it safe with a message.
22. But what if they judge my profile?
23. Okay I’m calling.
24. WHY I AM SO AWKWARD.
25. I hate this. Why won’t someone just give me a house?
Or at least a donut.
26. This is doing nothing for my confidence.
27. Oh, someone’s messaged me!
28. Auto reject.
29. Okay I think it’s time to pay for Early Bird.
30. Come on, bold advert, work your magic. I need my life to be like Friends or New Girl.
31. Who am I kidding? I’m going to be homeless and alone forever.
32. I have a viewing!! FINALLY.
33. Oh God, now I actually have to convince people I’m a good flatmate.
34. And I thought job interviews were bad. Please like me.
Just mention Mario Kart. Everyone loves Mario Kart, right?