35 Things That Could Only Ever Happen In a Student House
Living in a student house is an unforgettable experience. Mostly because the things that happen there would never, ever happen anywhere else.
1. Moving in to find that absolutely none of the furniture matches.
2. And that absolutely nothing works.
3. Or looks nice.
Am I living in an old people’s home or what because this is not acceptable👵👴
4. This conversation.
5. Waking up to find a collection of traffic cones scattered around the house.
6. And then somehow getting use out of them.
7. Hanging your towel up to dry and returning to find it has frozen.
8. Letting the dishes pile up until there is absolutely nothing clean left to eat off.
9. And seeing just how far people are willing to go to avoid having to wash up.
10. Getting inexplicably angry over central heating.
11. And as a result of it never being turned on, living like this.
12. Or resorting to the heat from your laptop for warmth.
13. Not being able to use the internet for work because everyone is watching Netflix or downloading things.
And it’s generally just slow AF anyway.
14. Putting decorations up and never taking them down.
15. Coming home from lectures and looking forward to eating, only to find all your food has gone.
16. Having to actually TELL someone to clean up their vomit.
17. Having a considerably greater supply of alcohol than food.
18. Having to repair things yourself because your landlord doesn’t give a fuck.
19. A music war between two housemates with polar opposite tastes, but equally loud speakers.
20. Having a bathroom that is FULL of products that apparently belong to no one.
21. Waking up to scenes like this.
Strangers and mess. Just another morning.
22. People knocking on your door at all times of the day.
23. And nobody answering because they cba.
Instead you just awkwardly pretend you’re not home and wait for them to leave.