Graduate Life, Illustrated By The Sims
The new Sims 4 game has been out for just over a week and, if you have had the opportunity to play it, you may have noticed some similarities between the virtual reality and your graduate experience.
1. You are never in control
Ever feel like there’s some cruel dictator silently managing your life? Well that’s karma for constantly neglecting your sims.
2. Your money is always at the mercy of a higher power
Every graduate knows how a sim feels when the postman places a bill in their mailbox.
3. Having a car is a myth
It’s a life of public transport for you.
4. There are strange characters lurking everywhere
This (and our lack of funds) is why we don’t go clubbing anymore.
5. Your aspirations are highly unrealistic
Because any one can become an astronaut in a matter of weeks…
6. The working day is a constant blur
Sigh, if only.
7. Sex really can be that quick
A woohoo between your sims actually seems more fun.
8. Getting a date is either incredibly quick or frustratingly difficult
One false move and that potential boyfriend/girlfriend is a thing of the past.
9. Charisma is everything
Why does everyone expect us to be so entertaining?
10. The death of the middle class is real
Sims are usually either very rich are extremely poor. Guess which end of the spectrum you’ll probably end up on?
11. Most of your conversations are a load of rubbish
Trying to decipher a sims conversation is just as pointless as engaging in chit-chat with a former classmate.
12. Graduates are a high maintenance bunch
We need just as much babysitting as those helpless sims.
13. But our tastes are pretty simple
Eating hamburgers night after night doesn’t bother us.
14. We try to constantly reinvent ourselves
One day we’re a professional business person. The next night we’re a student again. Madonna has nothing on us.
15. We are a very emotional bunch
Crying for no apparent reason is not just limited to the sims game.
16. It all starts off extremely promising
Building your Sims’ mansion for 5 hours straight gives the same high as walking across that stage at graduation…
17. But things can quickly go wrong
…however, by the following September your life starts to resemble that shack on the edge of sim city.
18. Much like The Sims 4, graduate life can be disappointing
Have you read the reviews?