10 Things Languages Students Can Do That No Other Student Can
When it comes to life skills, language students come out on top every time. No matter what language you study, you’ll recognise the following benefits.
1. You get to study abroad as part of your course.
Most students can only dream of doing a gap year, but yours is practically paid for you.
2. Which also means you get to experience Erasmus parties.
And consequently feel sorry for everyone who hasn’t.
3. You don’t have to rely on subtitles and lazy translations. You get the real deal.
4. You can go on holiday without being branded a lazy Brit.
You don’t need awkward hand gestures to get around, and can order food without pointing at the menu like a child.
5. You can get out of awkward situations by playing the tourist.
“no hablo Inglés”
6. Claim intellectual superiority.
Some linguists believe multilingual people are cognitively more developed than monolinguals. I.e. you’re naturally better than everyone else.
7. Which is probably why you come in handy at pub quizzes.
Everyone wants you on their team.
8. You could confidently speak to millions of people from around the world.
…if you were able to.
9. Correct literally everyone’s grammar.
You actually studied grammar, which isn’t a thing for most people in the UK these days.
10. Best of all, you make friends all around the world. Which means you can get free accommodation.
The ultimate perk of studying a language.
But you probably didn’t know you can also get a £30k job with a 2:2 or above.
Ford are looking for graduates who are fluent in French, Spanish or Italian with a 2:2 in any field. If you’re ready to put your language learning to good use, click the button below.