18 Reasons Why You Should Move To Barcelona After University
Barcelona is the place to be. It’s got so much going on – where else would you want to be?
1. You’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to incredible views.
Choose from Montjuïc, Park Güell and Tibidabo – all three on your doorstep.
2. You can go to the park and get free WiFi.
Nice one, Parc de la Ciutadella.
3. There are guys that bring beer and mojitos to you for just a couple of euros.
Whether you’re in the park, on the beach or wandering down La Rambla, this is always welcome.
4. It is socially acceptable to start work at 10am and have a siesta in the afternoon.
5. You’ll be just a few hours away from incredible festivals like Las Fallas and Sitges Carnival.
6. Restaurants are open until midnight.
More time for eating.
7. Churros. So many Churros.
Especially the ones stuffed with Nutella. What a dream.
8. You can get a T10 card which gives you ten train/met journeys for just €10.
You can even split the ten journeys with other people. So cheap.
9. You can spend your evening watching the Magic Fountain of Montjuïc that dances along to music.
10. You can learn to Salsa in bars.
Each song brings you a new dancing partner, no matter your skill level or language.
11. There’s a relaxed vibe throughout the city. People do whatever they want to do in Barcelona.
12. There’s also an incredibly social environment.
After uni/work drinks is a very common thing.
13. It’s one of the most creative cities you could find.
14. You can see the castellers every Sunday outside the cathedral.
15. Barcelona has a beach that stretches 4km.
And if hanging out there with the tourists doesn’t do it for you, you can jump on a cheap train for half an hour and choose a beach that hardly any tourists know about.
16. You’ll find it impossible to leave the market without buying something.
17. You can witness the brave Monk Parakeets.
They will attempt to steal your food and chew your shoes, but at least they’re cute.
18. And there is incredible food at every turn.
Now all you need is a job in Barcelona. Luckily, CAPS are hiring there.
Click below to find out more about their Conversation Assistant role and to start your life in Spain.