18 Things Students Who Didn’t Have a Part-Time Job at Uni Will Never Understand
Juggling a job alongside your uni work was tough at times, but it was worth it in ways students who didn’t have to work will never understand.
1. You had to somehow balance uni work, work work, a social life, societies and actually sleeping at some point.
2. So you pretty much mastered the art of multitasking.
3. And you became addicted to your smart phone.
A busy schedule needs planning, after all.
4. You spent a lot of time missing your bed.
5. But you realised it was a lot more satisfying climbing into bed after a long day at work than if you’d spent the entire day laying there.
6. Coffee was life.
7. If you worked in a bar, you sometimes had to say no to nights out with your friends.
8. But if you worked in retail or somewhere else during the day, you sometimes had to say no to lectures and study sessions.
9. And you could never figure out which was worse. You wanted money, but you also didn’t want to fail.
10. You learnt early on the meaning of work hard play hard.
11. And you found yourself getting frustrated at how lazy your uni friends could be.
Because you can’t just ignore the washing pile for months when you only have one work shirt.
12. You made friends with people you probably wouldn’t have ever met otherwise.
13. You loved being able to use work as an excuse for getting out of things you didn’t want to do.
“I’ve got work in the morning” was only really true half the times you said it…
14. Feeling like a baller when everyone else was trying to make their loan stretch.
15. You quickly switched between thinking you had your shit together, to stressing about how much shit you had to do.
16. Which meant you were complaining about being busy 90% of the time.
17. When it came to holidays and long periods of time off, you literally didn’t know what to do with yourself.
18. And when it was time to graduate into the working world, you felt at least a little bit more ready for it than everyone else around you.
You worked hard as a student, now work hard as a graduate.
Softcat are hiring graduates now, click the button below to find out more and apply.