18 Things You Actually Learn When You Study at The University of Manchester
There’s more to learn than you might think at UoM.
1. Putting two universities right next to each other can only really end one way…
2. To never trust the weather.
You might see blue sky when you wake up, but Manchester always finds a way to rain.
3. That you should never have to wait longer than 4 minutes for a bus.
4. The quest for a good meal deal has to start early.
If you go to Sainsbury’s or Morrisons after 12, cheese sandwiches will be the only ones left, and who wants those?
5. But that there’s really only one place to eat on campus.
The Veggie Cafe. 🙌
6. Ali G Commons is actually the busiest part of the world.
7. It’s not officially summer until the deckchairs are out on the lawn.
8. You can and will unfairly judge someone based solely on where they live.
9. Not all cocktails are expensive.
10. There’s no shortage of wildlife in cities.
11. And living in a city doesn’t mean you’ll never have incredible views.
You just need to go to the uni observatory. Simple.
12. You will have mixed feelings about having to take an exam.
It’s an exam yeah but look where it is…
13. That you can make a drinking game purely out of being inside a building.
14. No trip home at night is complete without seeing the cycling reggae man.
15. You will never not be outnumbered by medical students.
16. Hot Vimto is a thing.
17. Some of the best live music venues in the north are in your uni.
18. And you’re never more than 6 metres from another student.
There are over 100,000 students in Manchester after all.
Download Prelinks to find out about the best student events in Manchester.
See what’s going on. See who’s going. Chat before & meet there.
Never miss a banger again.